Gibraltar Hotel Golf Course
Gibraltar Country Club, formally known as Bowral Country Club is 70 years old and has a proud history of Golf in the Southern Highlands. At 5093 metres par 69 for men and 4684 metres par 70 for women, the Course, albeit not long is challenging and set amongst a mixture of wonderful mature stands of European temperate climate trees in addition to our very Australian stands of Gums and begins and ends in the comfort of Birdies Café. The 19th hole offers grandstand views over 5 holes including the 1st and 10th Holes.
Stunning natural features on the Front 9 include Cherry Tree Hill which is played around blending into the course design to take players to tee tops offering panoramic views over the township of Bowral. The back 9 is no more obvious than the premium vantage points to view the western face of Mt Gibraltar (863m above sea level) where this Volcanic outcrop has been given an age of 150 million years.
Golf course guide & pro tips
The course looks easy on the card but is one of the more interesting courses you will play with varying demands on your golf game. There is something here for everybody with the course set amongst the most stunning beauty nature has to offer and breathtaking views! Generally, you are better to be short than long on most holes as with small greens sloping from back to front, overshooting leads to some very demanding chip shots. The greens hold well from well-hit shots.Download Scorecard
Full yearly Membership is $500 with subsequent Spouse, parent or siblings joining under our family membership category for $250. Junior Membership for under 18 year olds is $100.
Please call the Golf Shop for more details 02 4862 8615.
Only $500 Annual Fee Membership
Junior Membership (Age 10 to 18 inclusive) $100 p/a inc GST
Includes Full playing rights 7 days
Current reciprocal rights
East Lakes Golf Club (Member residents living outside 40 km radius from Eastlakes)
Breakers Country Club ( formerly Terrigal Memorial Country Club Gosford)
Vincentia Golf Club (Shoalhaven)
- Access to golf seven days a week (18 hole golf course)
- Fully legitimate AGU handicap and Golf Link number
- Members discount on Golf Cart hire.
- Free Green Fees outside of club competitions.
- Access to all member golf competitions
- Access to Gibraltar Hotel indoor swimming pool, mini gym, and showers (10 to 2 pm, excluding public holidays)
- 10% discount on accommodation booked direct
- 10% discount Bowral Day Spa (including family members)
- 10% discount Harvey’s bar and food seven days (family or two couples, up to 4 people)
- 10% discount San Fior Dining, dinner seven nights (family or two couples, up to 4 people)
- Competition Entry Fee $15
- Currently Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Country Golf Days (special competition days require a minimum of 40 golfers to book)
- Prizes include; vouchers that can be redeemed in the Pro Shop and across the resort, gifts (quality items uniquely sourced by Gibraltar Country Club) and merchandise (balls and gloves)
Golf apparel and equipment
The Gibraltar Golf Shop is located in front of the 10th tee and has the ability to special order a range of golfing equipment, shoes, gloves, bags and gift-ware. For more information call 02 4862 8615.