Gibraltar Hotel Golf Course
Gibraltar Country Club, formally known as Bowral Country Club is 70 years old and has a proud history of Golf in the Southern Highlands. At 5093 metres par 69 for men and 4684 metres par 70 for women, the Course, albeit not long is challenging and set amongst a mixture of wonderful mature stands of European temperate climate trees in addition to our very Australian stands of Gums and begins and ends in the comfort of Birdies Café. The 19th hole offers grandstand views over 5 holes including the 1st and 10th Holes.
Stunning natural features on the Front 9 include Cherry Tree Hill which is played around blending into the course design to take players to tee tops offering panoramic views over the township of Bowral. The back 9 is no more obvious than the premium vantage points to view the western face of Mt Gibraltar (863m above sea level) where this Volcanic outcrop has been given an age of 150 million years.
Golf course guide & pro tips
The course looks easy on the card but is one of the more interesting courses you will play with varying demands on your golf game. There is something here for everybody with the course set amongst the most stunning beauty nature has to offer and breathtaking views! Generally, you are better to be short than long on most holes as with small greens sloping from back to front, overshooting leads to some very demanding chip shots. The greens hold well from well-hit shots.Download Scorecard
Twilight Golf is here!
Specials over the summer months.
Available from 3:30 pm – Unlimited golf.
Twilight rates are as follows:
$30pp with cart (Shared cart)
$35pp with cart (for one player)
$20pp no cart
$35pp with cart (Shared cart)
$40pp with cart (for one player)
$25pp no cart
Aqua Golf at Gibraltar Country Club
Planning an event or taking the Team out ?
Aqua Golf functions are available by arrangement to book after 6:00 pm.
Group Bookings (of 4 or more) available.
Cost $18 per basket of 100+ balls.
Minimum 2 baskets.
Please call us on 02 4862 8615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Full yearly Membership is $500 with subsequent Spouse, parent or siblings joining under our family membership category for $250. Junior Membership for under 18 year olds is $100.
Please call the Golf Shop for more details 02 4862 8615.
Only $500 Annual Fee Membership
Junior Membership (Age 10 to 18 inclusive) $100 p/a inc GST
Includes Full playing rights 7 days
Current reciprocal rights
East Lakes Golf Club (Member residents living outside 40 km radius from Eastlakes)
Breakers Country Club ( formerly Terrigal Memorial Country Club Gosford)
Vincentia Golf Club (Shoalhaven)
- Access to golf seven days a week (18 hole golf course)
- Fully legitimate AGU handicap and Golf Link number
- Members discount on Golf Cart hire.
- Free Green Fees outside of club competitions.
- Access to all member golf competitions
- Access to Gibraltar Hotel indoor swimming pool, mini gym, and showers (10 to 2 pm, excluding public holidays)
- 10% discount on accommodation booked direct
- 10% discount Bowral Day Spa (including family members)
- 10% discount Harvey’s bar and food seven days (family or two couples, up to 4 people)
- 10% discount San Fior Dining, dinner seven nights (family or two couples, up to 4 people)
- Competition Entry Fee $15
- Currently Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Country Golf Days (special competition days require a minimum of 40 golfers to book)
- Prizes include; vouchers that can be redeemed in the Pro Shop and across the resort, gifts (quality items uniquely sourced by Gibraltar Country Club) and merchandise (balls and gloves)
Golf apparel and equipment
The Gibraltar Golf Shop is located in front of the 10th tee and has the ability to special order a range of golfing equipment, shoes, gloves, bags and gift-ware. For more information call 02 4862 8615.
What we offer
We have so much to offer at the Gibraltar Hotel Bowral. Here are some photos to inspire you.
ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY
To ensure we manage guest’s expectations in reference to events and consumption of alcohol on premises kindly find as following the hotel policy concerning group stay, events and bringing of alcohol to the hotel.
NO INDIVIDUAL GUESTS PARTIES ON THE PREMISES
Gibraltar Hotel Bowral manages the events held on premises and has zero tolerance policy on individual parties being held in the guest rooms. This applies to below:
- Any situation where the maximum number of guests allowed per hotel room is exceeded
- Any situation where the noise level from the room is deemed too high and causes a disturbance to other hotel guests
- Any situation whereby excessive traffic to/from a guest room is identified
- Any situation where it is deemed that intoxication is occurring
- Any situation where it is identified that excessive alcohol is present
In the event of the above situations as outlined, the hotel reserves the right to immediately request all occupants of the room up to, and including, the guest who has registered for the room to vacate the premises.
In the event that an eviction does occur, the registered guest will be charged for that night’s accommodation and for any expense resulting from additional cleaning of the guest room, replacement of any furniture/fixture/fitting breakage, as well as for any required repairs.
ALCOHOL ON THE PREMISES
Gibraltar Hotel Bowral does not allow for excessive levels of alcohol to be brought on to the hotel premises.
EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL BEING DEFINED AS:
- Cases/slabs/cartons of beer etc
- Multiple bottles/cases of spirits/wine
In the event that a registered guest, or any persons associated with that guest, are identified as bringing excessive amounts of alcohol on to the hotel property that person will be requested to relinquish the alcohol to the hotel.
It will be stored in safekeeping for their retrieval on departure, or alternatively for the alcohol to be permanently removed off the premises.
If at any stage should a person be deemed in breach of this policy, and refuse to abide by the hotel requests, that a person will be requested to leave the premises.
ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- No guests can bring their own alcohol for consumption on the Golf Course.
- All orders for Alcohol on the Golf Course needs to be purchased from Birdie’s Café and or Harvey’s Restaurant and Bar.
ADDITIONAL ACTIONS THAT MAY RESULT IN EVICTION:
Gibraltar Hotel Bowral reserves the right to immediately evict any guest, visitor or member of the public for the following reasons, but not limited to:
- Intoxication and/or unsavoury/lewd behaviour
- The throwing of objects over the hotel balconies
- Spitting over the balcony
- Wilful damage to hotel and/or resident property
- Physical or verbal assault/abuse on the hotel staff, other guests, apartment residents, members of the public on hotel premises
- Any behaviour deemed as a potential safety threat to others
- Any breach of the alcohol or party policies
- Any incident for which the police are required to attend
CONSEQUENCES OF EVICTION:
In the event that an eviction of any nature occurs, the registered guest, their associates and visitors, will not be able to make future reservations at the Gibraltar Hotel Bowral.
In the event that any person requested to vacate the hotel premises fails to adhere to this request, the police will be called which may result in further action being taken against the person/s in question.